Tutorservice Daily News forJuly 3rd
- Video captures teacher pummeling student – by John Martin, CNN (CNN) – Brooklyn teacher and security dean Stephan Hudson faces possible dismissal after a security tape shows Hudson grabbing and punching a 15-year-old student repeatedly. According to the New York Daily News, the incident occurred on March 6 at Brooklyn's George Westinghouse Technical Education High School. Principal Janine Kieran issued Hudson [...]
- Thomas K. Lindsay, Ph.D.: The Texas Model of Higher Education Reform – Texas' accountability initiative appears likely to prove more powerful in the long-run than the $10,000 degree, if reformers follow the logic of accountability and demand next that our public universities increase the transparency on which full accountability depends.
- Budget to blame for school eBay ‘sale’? – CNN education contributor Steve Perry on a Pennsylvania school's decision to raise money by putting itself up for auction on eBay. (From Starting Point)
- Stephen P. Groff: Myanmar: Potential To Prosper – Myanmar's prolonged isolation and economic stagnation left a mark on almost every sector the country needs to prosper — from energy and transport to agriculture, education and health. So where to begin?
More on Burma
- Holidays: 4th Of July Observed – Happy Birthday, America. There might be some Twittering or Pinteresting over the next few days but otherwise you're on your own until Monday.